PM Awas Yojana 2022 : Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana aka PMAY or Housing for All is a housing scheme for all the people of low income group, economically weaker section and middle income group in India. Launched in 2015, it is a housing development project of the central government which will provide 2 crore permanent houses in urban and rural areas by the year 2022. The first phase of the project has already been completed by March 2017 and the second phase has started. It is divided into two parts, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY Urban) and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY Gramin).
Launched on June 2015, the primary objective of the scheme is to ensure that 2 crore houses are built across the country. The estimated completion year for the scheme is 2022, which means that these 2 crore houses will be constructed over a period of 7 years. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is an initiative of the Government of India which aims to provide affordable housing to the urban poor by the year 2022. This scheme was first launched on 1st June 2015. The interest rate for the PMAY scheme starts at 6.50% per annum and can be availed for a tenure of up to 20 years.
The last date to avail PMAY CLSS scheme for LIG and EWS categories has been extended up to 31 March 2022. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme aims to simplify the process of buying a house for the urban poor and weaker sections of the society through EMI at reasonable interest rates. The interest rate is comparatively much lower than the trading rates, thus providing convenient loans to the people.
PM Awas Yojana 2022 Overview
|Plan||PM Awas Yojana|
|launched by||Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)|
|launched on||25 June 2015 (6 years ago)|
|ministry||Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviations|
|PMAY target||To build 20 million affordable houses by 31st March 2022|
Types of PM Awas Yojana 2022 :-
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is mainly divided into two parts –
- Pradhan Mantri Shahari Awas Yojana (PMAY Urban):- Under the Pradhan Mantri Shahari Awas Yojana, houses will be constructed within urban areas. Mainly congested slum areas will be removed to provide pucca or permanent houses to slum dwellers and others from LIG, EWS and MIG categories.
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAY Gramin) :- Under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, people of rural areas will get their pucca houses. People who are living in rented house or own house but they need to rebuild can apply for this scheme.
Documents required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PM Awas Yojana 2022 – Important Documents):-
- applicant’s aadhar card
- Income proof of applicant
- Applicant’s mobile number
- residential address of the applicant
- Applicant’s photo (passport size)
- Bank account details in which PMAY subsidy will be deposited.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PM Awas Yojana 2022 – Eligibility Criteria) :-
- Candidates age should be 18 years or more to apply for PM Awas Yojana 2022.
- You should not have a house anywhere in India.
- You should not have received any government grant to buy a house earlier.
- You must belong to any one of the following three groups:
- Low Income Group (LIG)
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Middle Income Group (MIG 1 or MIG 2)
- Note that this classification is based on the applicant’s annual income.
Who is not eligible for PM Awas Yojana 2022 (Who Is Not Eligible For PM Awas Yojana 2022) :-
- Those whose annual income is more than Rs 18 lakh, cannot apply under PM Awas Yojana 2022.
- Those who have a pucca house anywhere in the country are not eligible for PM Awas Yojana.
- Those who have previously taken any government grant to buy a house.
Application Process for PM Awas Yojana (PM Awas Yojana 2022 – Application Process) :-
- To apply for PM Awas Yojana 2022, candidates first go to its official website – https://pmaymis.gov.in/.
- Now the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On this home page click on ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab to fill your Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Registration 2022.
- After clicking, two options will open in front of you Slum Dwellers and Benefits Under The 3 Components.
- Now click on the option as per your eligibility and fill the application form.
- Now you have to enter your Aadhar number and write your name as per Aadhar card.
- Fill all the information asked in the application form like name, address, mobile number etc.
- After that click on submit button.
- Your application has been made under PM Awas Yojana.
Note: – For more information related to PM Awas Yojana, check its official website.
PM Awas Yojana 2022 FAQS :
Q1. What is the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Ans. The official website of PMAY is https://pmaymis.gov.in/.
Q2. What is the last date to apply for PMAY 2021-22?
Ans. The last date to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is March 31, 2022.